[cosmic-users] Re: Fw: MPC missing libs depends

Krishnakumar B kitty at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Thu Jan 12 17:14:57 CST 2006

Hi Peter,

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 02:14:52 AM -0600, Peter Oslej wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think that in the MPCStream class (in MPC project)  in the function
> "create_stub_definition (const PICML::StubProject &stub)"
> is missing a checking of libraries dependencies. I copied the following code from the
> func "create_skeleton_definition(..)"  to create_stub_definition ().
>
> //////////////////////////////////////////////
> // Identify the dependent libraries and
> // generate the lib+= definition
> std::set<PICML::ArtifactDependsOn> dep_list =
> artifact.dstArtifactDependsOn ();
> /// Obtain the dependecy names from the list
> std::vector<std::string> &lib_list =
> this->generate_dependant_libs (dep_list);
>
> /// Add the lib += definition to the list
> this->create_dependant_libs_defn (lib_list);
> ///////////////////////////////////////////////
>
> It works fine for me now.
>
> I also think that in the generated workspace files  *.mwc the projects names
> should have .mpc extension.
> Solving this I added temp +=".mpc"; in the create_workspace() like
> this :
>
> std::string temp;
> (* iter).GetStrValue ("name", temp);
> temp +=".mpc";                                     ////////////// this line was added
> //Write this name in the file
> this->strm_ << temp;

Arvind made some fixes to the MPC interpreter to fix a couple of bugs.  Are
you trying out with the latest version of the interpreter in the CVS
repository?   If the problem still persists, please send the unified diff
of the patch to the version of the file in CVS to the cosmic-users mailing
list.

BTW, do you still get bounces for the cosmic-users mailing list?  If so,
can you please contact Eric Hall <ehall at isis.vanderbilt.edu> to figure the
problem?  I would like to have all discussion about CoSMIC archived instead
of floating around in my mailbox.

> Also I made a small improvement to the directory browsing dialog. I add
> the functions for saving, retrieving and setting the last used directory
> path for every interpreter to the SHBrowseForFolder function. It's
> usefull if your pathToDir is long and different descriptors are in the
> different directories.

Great!  Please send the unified diff to the implementation in Utils.cpp to
the cosmic-users mailing list.

Thanks,
kitty.

--
Krishnakumar B <kitty at dre dot vanderbilt dot edu>
Institute for Software Integrated Systems, Dept. of EECS, Vanderbilt University