[cosmic-users] Re: [ciao-users] extending CosMIC tutorial

Sowayan, Abdullah (N-DUA) abdullah.sowayan at lmco.com
Tue Sep 19 13:50:25 CDT 2006

CosMIC version: 0.4.8

Hi Ming,

>>> Thank you very much for you prior help. We were able to create
>>> components, model their connection with CosMIC, and deploy/run them
>>> under Linux/LynxOS using DAnCE. This is really cool stuff indeed.
>>>
>>> One of the benefits of CCM is the separation of QoS provisioning
from
>>> the component implementation. Thus a component can be used in
multiple
>>> contexts domains. That's exactly what we want to try next.
>>>
>>> Since we're going to do this anyway, I figured I'd write a how-to
>>> document and contribute it to extend the CosMIC tutorial. Attached
is my
>>> initial effort, which should expand in the next few days/weeks.
Would
>>> this be of interest to anyone?
>>>

>>Sure. This looks great. Please do let us know if you have further
update!

Sure, no problem. I was hoping I'd finish writing about using Options
Configuration Modeling Language (OCML) today, but I'm facing an
unexpected road block.

In the CosMIC Tutorial Movie
(http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/cosmic/html/documentation.html), OCML is
used via ImplementationArtifact(s). Implementation Artifact used to have
a 'tree_file_name' where we'd specify 'orb_tree.xml' and then click on
the 'Options Configuration interpreter.'

The 'tree_file_name' no longer exists as an attribute on
ImplementationArtifact(s), neither does the 'Options Configuration
interpreter.' Has the way we do this change?

Thanks,
Abdul