[cosmic-users] Help needed with an error

Alhad Mokashi amokashi at iupui.edu
Tue Jun 8 22:18:09 CDT 2010

Hi,

I am trying the CIAO tutorial at
http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~schmidt/DOC_ROOT/CIAO/docs/tutorials/Quoter/Simple/
.

I was on the following page of the tutorial:

http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~schmidt/DOC_ROOT/CIAO/docs/tutorials/Quoter/Simple/04.html

<http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~schmidt/DOC_ROOT/CIAO/docs/tutorials/Quoter/Simple/04.html>I
am using the Quoter example given in the repository (which I believe is
complete with the deployment plan) and tried executing the following
command:

%DANCE_ROOT%/bin/dance_plan_launcher -x Plan.cdp -k file://EM.ior

on which I got the following error:

*(984|5628) [LM_ERROR] -  18:27:00.779000 - Plan_Launcher::launch_plan -
Deployment failed, exception: Caught StartError exception while invoking
startLaunch: ,*

All the paths seem to be correct and the "Plan.cdp" file is also present and
has the xml file describing the deployment plan. Please can I get some help
as of why this error may occur?

Thanks,
Alhad.