[cosmic-users] CoSMIC 0.8.3 release available for download!

James H. Hill hillj at cs.iupui.edu
Tue Nov 9 21:49:14 CST 2010

Hi all,

We are pleased to announce the release of CoSMIC 0.8.3, which is
available for download from the following location:

    http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/cosmic/html/download.php

We encourage you to download the new release, use it with your
applications, and let us know if you encounter any problems --
especially with pre-existing models that do not migrate. If you do
encounter any problems, please use the:

$COSMIC_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM

The following is a list of key changes since the last micro release.
Please refer to the corresponding ChangeLog files, NEWS files or
Bugzilla entries for more details on the problem and the nature of fixes
applied.

Release CoSMIC-0.8.3

. Bug fix where idl_to_picml failed to import the IDL3_Plus
   test in CIAO. This was a result of the PICML metamodel not
   properly supporting some of IDL3+ semantics.

. Bug fix where the IDL generator creates bad declaration ordering
   with ComponentFactory element.

. Bug fix where the CBML model intelligence was not executing
   because its event mask was not set propertly.

. Bug fix where it was impossible to delete a ComponentInstance
   element if it contained a MirrorPortInstance or ExtendedPortInstance
   element.

. Bug fix where large number of circular dependencies caused crash
   in IDL generator interpreter.

. Bug fix where the private/public flags were missing from
   an event tag.

. Bug fix where the 'supports' statement on a component was not
   generated correctly.

Thanks,

James