[cosmic-users] CoSMIC 0.8.3 release available for download!

James H. Hill hillj at cs.iupui.edu
Wed Nov 10 05:17:50 CST 2010

Hi Mark,

On Nov 10, 2010, at 12:30 AM, M Hayman wrote:

> Hi James,
>
> Just gave this a try and was unable to import an XME model from the
> prior 0.8.2 release, presumably due to a change to the PICML
> metamodel on 11/1 (per the ChangeLog).

I would doubt that since that change only added contents to the
metamodel. But, maybe it did.

>  Any chance we could get an 0.8.3 migration script committed to the
> repository?  The latest migration script available looks to be for
> 0.8.2 only.

Yes, we can work on getting a migration script for CoSMIC 0.8.3. With
this being said, when reporting a migration problem, please provide
the following information (just like with any other bug):

1. The error message displayed when the import fails.
2. The output on the Console window in GME.
3. Several lines in the .xme files before and after the line number
that is failing.

> We had tried a nightly build prior to the 11/1 metamodel change, and
> noted that the deletion bug had been fixed for our 0.8.2 models.
> That particular fix will be very helpful.

Ok, great!

Thanks,

James