[cosmic-users] Deployment issues with cosmic

Frank Hammon Hammon.F at sportresult.com
Tue Oct 26 08:43:54 CDT 2010

Thx James,

That solved all my problems :)

Cheers
Frank

-----Original Message-----
From: James H. Hill [mailto:hillj at cs.iupui.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2010 3:31 PM
To: Frank Hammon
Cc: cosmic-users at list.isis.vanderbilt.edu
Subject: Re: [cosmic-users] Deployment issues with cosmic

Hi Frank,

On Oct 26, 2010, at 9:02 AM, Frank Hammon wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I created a simple one-component idl-file to check whether the
> deployment with a cosmic-based deployment plan succeeds without
> manually editing it.
>
> After following the Quoter-tutorial and finally being ready to
> create the deployment plan the program didn't create the file,
> although it stated everything succeeded. I had to restart the
> application before it worked.
>
> The deployment plan then contained everything needed for the defined
> component (implementation, instance, artifacts (servant, executor)
> and locality constraints) but additionally another implementation
> (named "DAnCE_LocalityManager_Impl"), another instance (".
> Node.DefaultGroup"), another artifact
> ("DAnCE_LocalityManager_Artifact") and was also added as a
> constrainedInstance to the localityConstraint. With these settings I
> wasn't able to narrow the information from the ior-file to my proper
> component-object.
>
> Changes I had to do were:
> - replace the name of the configProperty of my instance to
> "edu.vanderbilt.dre.DAnCE.InstanceIOR"

If you name a property "InstanceIOR", then it is expand to the long-
form above.

> - remove the additional contrainedInstance-entry from the
> localityConstraint

When you generated the deployment plan, did you select the checkbox

   "Include DAnCE locality manager instances"

If you do not check this box, then the all meta-information related to
the locality manager that you speak of above will not be included in
the generated deployment plan.

Please let me know if this solves your problem!

Thanks,

James