[cosmic-users] Cannot create CQML project

James Hill hillj at cs.iupui.edu
Sat May 11 16:58:48 CDT 2013

Hi Hartmut,

On May 11, 2013, at 5:02 PM, Hartmut Behrens <hartmut.behrens at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> So I may have found a workaround:
>
> 1) Install GME 10.8.18
> 2) Install CoSMIC
> 3) Install GME 13.1.24
> 4) Create new project with CQML paradigm (File > New Project > Click
> on CQML > Create new)
> 5) The automatic addon components could not start up error is STILL
> raised, BUT this time GME gives you the option to create the project
> without addons.
> 6) The specific error seems to be raised by MGA.AddOn.PICMLManager -
> does this jog anyone's memory ??

There should be something wrong with the libraries files. Do you have ACE+TAO+CIAO installed on that machine?

> Questions:
>
> a) What is the function of MGA.AddOn.PICMLManager  - is it required
> for CQML projects?

AFAIK, it should not be. The add-on above is only registered with the PICML paradigm.

> b) Do you know of any other workarounds that will get
> MGA.AddOn.PICMLManager manager working as well?

Please see my question above?

I will take a look at this problem first thing on Monday.

Thanks,

James

> Best Regards,
> Hartmut
>

> On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 7:19 PM, Johnny Willemsen <jwillemsen at remedy.nl> wrote:
>> Hi James,
>>
>> Could you have a look at this, I also noticed that the CoSMIC scoreboard
>> also shows similar problems.
>> http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/scoreboard/cosmic.html
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Johnny
>>

>> On 05/10/2013 02:54 PM, Hartmut Behrens wrote:
>>>
>>> Dear CoSMIC users,
>>>
>>> I am unable to create a CQML project. Below the problem report form:
>>>

>>> CoSMIC VERSION: 0.8.4 / 0.8.5
>>>
>>>     HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 7 running in Virtualbox
>>>

>>>     TOOL/AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED:
>>> CQML / New Project
>>> It is not possible to create a new CQML project
>>>
>>>     SYNOPSIS:
>>> It is not possible to create a new project using the CQML paradigm in
>>> CoSMIC, straight after installing GME and CoSMIC

>>> It is not possible to create a new project using the CQML paradigm in
>>> CoSMIC, straight after installing GME and CoSMIC
>>>
>>>     REPEAT BY:
>>> 1) Install GME 10.8.18 and CoSMIC
>>> 2) Start GME, click File > New Project
>>> 3) Select CQML paradigm, then "Create New"
>>> 4) At the next dialog box, enter a filename, e.g. "test"
>>> 5) A dialog box pops up with the warning: "Constraint Syntax and
>>> Semantic Errors" > press
>>> OK
>>> 6) Next dialog:"ERROR: automatic addon component: Some addons cannot be
>>> loaded/initialized..." > press OK
>>> 7 ) Next dialog error: "Cannot create project"
>>>
>>>     SAMPLE FIX/WORKAROUND:
>>> None has been found yet.
>>>
>>> What has been tried:
>>> 1) removing paradigm and (re)importing from XML is not successful
>>> 2) Tried 0.8.4 build available from
>>> http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/cosmic/html/download.php
>>> 3) Tried nightly build from
>>> http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/cosmic/html/download.php
>>> 4) Tried 0.8.5 build from git.dre.vanderbilt.edu
>>> 5) Tried to find problematic call with Process Monitor