[Esml-users] Re: RE Esml-users Event ports with null event refs

Schulte, Mark D mark.d.schulte at boeing.com
Mon May 17 08:29:44 CDT 2004

Right.  The INTERVAL_TIMEOUT inconsistencies arose from the fact that as
I described, we are populating that ACL data from information that
people are supposed to be capturing in the documentation requirements
for the classes.  Given that, it is hard to remove the inconsistencies
and misspellings between different developers, particularly because when
the documentation standard was originally set, no one envisioned using
automatic tools to do something with this information.  But we should go
through the model and make everything INTERVAL_TIMEOUT.  Dennis could
explain this further, because I think the goal would be to support more
event types in the future, which we've accounted for in ESML.  But for
right now, Sandeep is right in that DATA_AVAILABLE merely captures all
the other non-timeout events in our system.  So strictly speaking, there
really isn't any event type checking going on right now.