FW: wish list

GME GME
Tue Dec 17 15:31:27 CST 2002

----------
From: 	Kumar Gaurav Chhokra
Sent: 	Tuesday, December 17, 2002 9:31:25 AM
To: 	GME Group
Subject: 	wish list
Auto forwarded by a Rule

Hi All,

Is there some way to get cut and paste to work across different instances of GME? I understand that there might be issues there: like paradigm constraints; if the FCO being pasted in to the target paradigm is allowed to be there or not. Or, if we are pasting a reference, does the referred FCO get copied as well? If so where would it be placed in the target model? If not, then how do we let the user know that the reference he/she just pasted is empty and needs to point to something? I can imagine that there’s a whole can of worms associated with this, but it will be a swell thing to have :-)

Second, is it possible to speed up the response of GME to an Ctrl+Z? The time taken apparently depends on the size of the model rather than the size of the change. I understand that if I move around a model that contains many other FCOs with connections to various other entities in the model, it’s naturally going to take time to undo that: it just has lots more things to (un)do. But if within a nested model, I move around an atom not connected to anything (e.g. a CScript atom nested in a primitive) should it take as much time?

Thanks!

Kumar

No fate but what we make