FW: Need to resolve GME XML import error

Peter Volgyesi xvolgy at isis-server.isis.vanderbilt.edu
Tue Nov 19 10:50:42 CST 2002

----------
From: 	Peter Volgyesi[SMTP:XVOLGY at ISIS-SERVER.ISIS.VANDERBILT.EDU]
Sent: 	Tuesday, November 19, 2002 3:50:42 AM
To: 	GME Group
Subject: 	Re: FW: Need to resolve GME XML import error
Auto forwarded by a Rule

> If I know well, during the XML import GME assumes that existing
> attributes were renamed (but added), so it asks you to map the new name
> to a former one.
> Actually, if I am right, this should be modified so that brand new
> attributes doesn't need to be mapped, but to be created simply with
> theirs default value.

Tamas is right. Our new attribute in the meta should not cause such a
mapping problem. (I've tried it on my machine, and managed to upgrade my
previous meta models with no problem.)

Maybe, the metamodel was exported from the new version of GME, and your
user wants to import it in an older version .... ? If this is the case,
your user should upgrade hir/her version of GME.

--
peter