BON interpreter GME2000COM.h

Sandeep Sandeep
Fri Sep 27 17:49:27 CDT 2002

Guys,

Please refer to the following macro in GME2000COM.h

#define COMTHROW(code) { HRESULT e = (code); \

                                                                         if(e != S_OK) { COMVERIFY((##code, e)); throw e; } }

This macro is being used as follows in ComponentObj.cpp

COMTHROW(project->BeginTransaction(terr))

When expanded it seems to me that the macro would invoke the function “project->BeginTransaction()” twice, which I don’t think is a desirable behavior.

In the older versions of GME this has been succeeding for me (and for everybody I suppose). However, just recently when I tried to compile and run one of my interpreters I get the following errors on the above mentioned line in ComponentObj.cpp . My guess is that the BeginTransaction call succeeds the first time, however it fails the second time. And the following are the errors that I get --

when pressed OK this gives -->

Clearly, this error seems reasonable with the hypothesis that BeginTransaction is being invoked twice.

Has anybody else seen the same thing (and that it is a known and resolved problem) or is it just me?

Thanks,

Sandeep