FW: What I would like GME to be

GME GME
Thu Sep 26 23:32:25 CDT 2002

----------
From: 	Aditya Agrawal
Sent: 	Thursday, September 26, 2002 5:32:24 PM
To: 	GME Group
Subject: 	What I would like GME to be
Auto forwarded by a Rule

Dear friends,

Since quite a few of us have registered to this group, I will take the opportunity for spilling my ideas.

1. I would like to break the GME into the Model View Controller pattern where the Model is the MGA layer. The View is GME (and possibly more viewer and a separate controller, so that plug-in and other external codes can get access and control the models.

2. Another change that I would like is to separate the Metamodel into a class diagram and a visualization part and not have the visualization information as part of the class diagram. I would like to have a UML class diagram and another sheet that probably tells us how to visualize the particular classes.

What do you all think about these and how difficult is it going to be to introduce these changes in the current GME?

Adi