FW: Error in GME and HSIF

GME GME
Tue Jul 22 14:54:25 CDT 2003

----------
From: 	Jonathan Sprinkle
Sent: 	Tuesday, July 22, 2003 8:54:25 AM
To: 	GME Group; 'Gabor Karsai'
Subject: 	FW: Error in GME and HSIF
Auto forwarded by a Rule

Peter, Akos and Gabor

I have been "thinking" a long time about this problem of exported GME files being in an extension conflict with any XML artifacts.  Most new users always have this problem of knowing which XML file is which, and inevitably send an e-mail about how the XML file won't import into GME.  This is especially true now that UDM-XML is becoming used more and more as a persistence format for GME models.

Can we change the GME 'exported' xml files to have a different file extension, similar to the 'xmp' extension for the paradigm files?  I would vote for 'xme' (xml-exported) or maybe even 'gmx' (gme-models-xml).

If any other gme list members have (or have never had) input or experience with this, it may affect whether or not this happens,

Thanks,
Jon