FW: GME and Memory...

GME GME
Thu Mar 27 16:47:39 CST 2003

----------
From: 	Jonathan Sprinkle
Sent: 	Thursday, March 27, 2003 10:47:35 AM
To: 	GME Group
Subject: 	GME and Memory...
Auto forwarded by a Rule

I have discovered something that may be of worth:
I,
1) Opened a large model (~993k)
2) Noted my memory usage (~60MB+)
3) Closed the model
4) Noted my memory usage (~30MB)
5) Minimized GME
6) Noted my memory usage (~1.6MB)

Is this consistent with most MFC apps?  I noted also that if I restore the GME window, that my memory does not climb back up to 30MB (although that's about where the virtual memory usage remains) although if I min/restore while the model is open, I drop from 60->1.6->12 MB throughout the process.

Also, I know there is quite a bit of knowledge that big models run slow in GME, but I noted that through the UDM interface to GME that it was quicker to create the entire model database than it was to visualize only one of those models.

Any thoughts out there on this?  Just FYI :)
Jon