Events when writing Add-On...

Peter Volgyesi xvolgy at isis-server.isis.vanderbilt.edu
Fri May 30 16:15:01 CDT 2003

----------
From: 	Peter Volgyesi[SMTP:XVOLGY at ISIS-SERVER.ISIS.VANDERBILT.EDU]
Sent: 	Friday, May 30, 2003 8:15:01 AM
To: 	GME Group
Subject: 	Re: Events when writing Add-On...
Auto forwarded by a Rule

There are two kinds of "movement":
1., The position of the object is changed on the GUI but the abstarct
location (its path in the model hierarchy) remains the same. In this case an
OBJEVENT_REGISTRY event will be generated. (Because the GUI position is
stored in the registry)
2., The object is moved into another parent (abstract location is changed):
for the object itself an OBJEVENT_PARENT event will be generated and
OBJEVENT_LOSTCHILD/OBJEVENT_NEWCHILD events will be transmitted to the
old/new parent objects.

--
peter