[gme-users] Why doesn't MetaGME address paradigm version changes automatically?

Peter Volgyesi peter.volgyesi at vanderbilt.edu
Tue Apr 13 15:35:25 CDT 2004

Larry,

The main reason we highly recommend the export/import method when upgrading
is the possible incompatibility between the MGA file formats (note: not
because of some paradigm change but the change of the file format itself).
This kind of problem has not be handled by CAPE, and it is far from
straightforward to provide such a migrating tool (this tool would have to
access different MGA versions on the very same computer).
--
peter

  _____