[gme-users] XML & generator-interpreters

Krishnakumar B kitty at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Thu Aug 5 12:10:36 CDT 2004

On Friday, 30 July 2004, Allen Butturini wrote:

> I am trying to generate XML from the networking example in Tutorial 7.  How
> is the example code for XML applied to the model?  i.e.  Which interpreter
> prompts for the appropriate XML definition file?

You can generate the export of the model (.xme) using File->Export XML. It
will prompt you for the location and name of the XML export file. You can
generate the XML paradigm file (.xmp) using the MetaGME 2004 Interpreter,
which is the gear-shaped icon on the Component bar. The MetaGME 2004
interpreter will also prompt you for the location of the paradigm file. You
should generally store the (.xmp) at the same level as the icons directory
for your meta-model.

Hope this helps.

-kitty.