[gme-users] OTIF ToolAdapter cannot be GME plugin!?

Gabriele Trombetti gabtromb at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Mon Aug 16 21:41:43 CDT 2004

Hi all,
I'm trying to make an OTIF ToolAdapter inside a GME plugin. It doesn't
seem to be possible.
The GME plugin works, until the moment in which I add the PICML.cpp file
to the project (UDM generated cpp file "-c version" from the PICML gme
metamodel): at that point the VC6.0 project compiles and links correctly
but in GME the icon of the plugin becomes "??" and if I click on it, it
says "Component execution failed". Trying to remove the plugin and
re-register it from GME fails saying "Error while installing component
(0x80004005): Object was not found"

If I remove the PICML.cpp from the VC6.0 project and do a Rebuild All,
the component starts to work correctly again.

This is the Release version (the debug version of the OTIF stuff does
not work correctly by itself so I cannot use it)

I am also linking the static libraries required for the OTIF
tooladapters, as recommended by the manual, but linking those libraries
*alone* (just putting them in the VC6 project linker settings) does not
cause the problem (I guess those .libs they are not really used until I
add the PICML.cpp to the project)

Any ideas to work around this problem?

Thank you
Gabriele