[gme-users] open source license request

Peter Volgyesi peter.volgyesi at vanderbilt.edu
Fri Feb 13 09:46:12 CST 2004

Van,

>>One extension that I'd like to see is to render the contents
>>
>>of a node in the node's icon as a bitmap, therefore giving a miniature
>>
>>snapshot of its contents.
 >>This would be great for state diagrams for
 >>example.

Note, that our modeling engine (MGA) does not allow to create
connections between arbitrary hierarchy levels (objects at the same
level or only one level deeper can be connected). You will have to deal
with this when you're building hierarchical state  diagrams.

>> Secondly, I am interested in in-place rendering and editing
>>of
>>a node's attributes, ie a table inside of the node of attribute-value
>>pairs with the twist that derived attributes could be visually linked
>>so
>>users could ascertain visually where attribute dependencies are.
This is a good idea, we have created the decorator interface for such
enhancements. I've attached the source of our meta decorator, that
implements similar things.

If you have problems/questions or a new decorator - which you'd like to
share - do not hesitate to drop us a mail.

--
Peter Volgyesi