[gme-users] BON2 interpreter - VC7.1 warning C4930 seems harmful

Peter Volgyesi peter.volgyesi at vanderbilt.edu
Mon Feb 23 15:25:32 CST 2004

Hi,

> I'm using the stlport.
> I have patched the ComponentLib.h as described. The extern "C" errors
> went away and it compiles now.
I've fixed the InterfaceColl.h file (Interfaces folder) to get rid of
those errors. The changes will be included in the next release.
(ComponentLib.h is a generated file, so it's not the best place to fix
the errors).

> But there are 4 warnings, the worst of which is this one, please do have
> a look:
>
> ------
> c:\Program Files\GME\SDK\BON\BONImpl.cpp(3220) : warning C4930:
> 'BON::FCO getType(void)': prototyped function not called (was a variable
> definition intended?)
> ------
>

> The line which generates the problem is:
>
> ------
> void FCOImpl::onObjectCreated()
>     {
>         FCO( getType() );        //  <----------------- THIS ONE
Unfortunately, I'm not the one who wrote that line. However, it seems we
need to get that construtor called. So, please modify the line:
FCO fco( getType() );
I have updated our version in the CVS.

> FYI: the other 3 warnings I get (probably harmless, these ones)
> ---------
> c:\Program Files\GME\SDK\BON\BONImpl.cpp(69) : warning C4927: illegal
> conversion; more than one user-defined conversion has been implicitly
> applied
>         while calling the constructor
> 'MON::Containment::Containment(IMgaMetaBase *)'
>         c:\Program Files\GME\SDK\BON\MON.h(474) : see declaration of
> 'MON::Containment::Containment'
Modify the line (BONImpl.cpp, 69):

return (IMgaMetaBase*)spMeta;

I have updated our version as well.

> ---------
> LINK : warning LNK4075: ignoring '/EDITANDCONTINUE' due to
> '/INCREMENTAL:NO' specification
>    Creating library .\Debug/lesson3_interpreterBON2Component.lib and
> object .\Debug/lesson3_interpreterBON2Component.exp
> ---------
> lesson3_interpreterBON2Component.exp : warning LNK4070:
> /OUT:lesson3_interpreter.DLL directive in .EXP differs from output
> filename '.\Debug/lesson3_interpreterBON2Component.dll'; ignoring directive
It seems those warnings (the causes) are generated by the dsw->sln
conversion. They are not serious, just fix them or leave them.

Thanks for your valuable report.

--
peter