[gme-users] copy and paste references

Aditya Agrawal Aditya at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Mon Feb 23 12:02:19 CST 2004

Dear Peter,

The first question is will the guid'd be preserved through the XML
import/export? I would guess that they should.

In GReAT we are using the library concept in a way where GUID's may not
be able to help.

In our cases the library mga file is not hand edited but generated. In
this case from one version of the library to the other the guid's will
not be preserved. In such a case we developed our own update tool that
was aware of our paradigm and knew the attributed that could be used for
update. For example, in the Uml paradigm the class names have to be
unique and can be used to perform the update, similarly in MetaGME the
(type, name) pair is unique and could be used.

I was wondering if we could develop a utility that can be configured to
state the unique identifier of the paradigm and use it to perform the
update.

Please comment on these thoughts.

Thanks,
Adi