[gme-users] .xme attribute generation

Jeff Parsons parsons at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Thu Jul 1 10:28:08 CDT 2004

Okay, that's much clearer now. I guess since I'm generating an
.xme file that didn't exist before, and is not exported from a GME
model,
deleted objects are not an issue for me. That sort of thing
may happen once it's imported into GME, but then the right
thing will be done anyway.

> BTW, why don't you use the XML dumper in GME (IMgaDumper) ?

Maybe I'm missing something, but doesn't that dumper start
with an MGA representation? I'm starting with an Abstract
Syntax Tree created by parsing an IDL file, or set of IDL
files. I'm not generating XML directly, but using Xerces to
build a DOM tree first. An MGA representation is the end point
of my process, rather than the starting point.

thanks,

Jeff