[gme-users] Linking problems with STLPort

Jacques Kerner jacques.kerner at oktal.fr
Fri Jul 9 11:39:18 CDT 2004

Hi,

I am having problems linking interpreters for GME. Sometimes it works, but sometimes, I get the following kind of errors :

INIWriter.obj : error LNK2001: external symbol "__declspec(dllimport)
public: static bool __cdecl _STL::
__char_traits_base<char,int>::eq_int_type(int const &,int const &)"
(__imp_?eq_int_type@?$__char_traits_base at DH@_STL@@SA_NABH0 at Z) unresolved

(and a lot of them). This code compiles and links perfectly well on a
machine, but installed on another machine, it doesn't link, in spite of
the fact that the installation of STLPort was conducted in the same
fashion, and the include libraries are put in the exact same order.

I think it is actually a problem of namespace naming and confusion
between "_STL" and "std". Despite my efforts, I was unable to find a
solution to this problem. How can I prevent this from happening ? Any
hints on this problem are deeply welcome. Thanks in advance!

Jacques Kerner.