[gme-users] Problems with registration

Krishnakumar B kitty at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Tue Jul 20 10:02:51 CDT 2004

Hi,

I have built an interpreter and am trying to register it. I have a standard
(read as copied from somewhere) MSVC workspace for the interpreter, but the
registration always fails with the message:

LoadLibrary(".\Debug\PackageComponent.dll") failed - The specified module could not be found.

I have removed the /s argument to regsvr32 in the custom build rules. If I
switch to the command prompt and type,

regsvr32 /c .\Debug\PackageComponent.dll

it succeeds. Why would it always fail from within my VC++ environment? I
have also seen that on this same machine some other interpreters succeed in
registration, but this one always fails.

Can someone shed some light into this?

-kitty.