[gme-users] Using GME on Windows 2003 Server

Krishnakumar B kitty at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Mon Jul 26 17:43:14 CDT 2004

On Monday, 26 July 2004, Brian Williams wrote:
> Hi Jon,
>
> When I clicked on the full raw archive link, IE wouldn't display it, but
> when I right-clicked and chose to save, I got a .mbox file which windows
> couldn't figure out how to open. Does anyone know how to read .mbox?

You can import the .mbox into Outlook as a Mail folder and read it.

> The only thing else we can do with this list software is make it start
> new archives by the year instead of the month, although I don't know if
> that would affect the existing archives.

I don't know how Jon managed to search the archives. By searching, I guess
he meant searching the individual web-pages. That said, there are various
utilities available that can be hooked up with Mailman to provide the
ability to search through the archives. But it will require some setup, and
I can do that only after I am back (unless someone volunteers to do so in
the meantime).

-kitty.