[gme-users] Plugins for interpreters

Krishnakumar B kitty at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Thu Jul 29 13:53:29 CDT 2004

Hi,

I am wondering if there is an existing interface through which one can add
a plugin to an existing interpreter. Some of the dynamic semantics that are
necessary for some usecases require that the main interpreter delegate
enforcement of these semantics to sub-interpreters. Also these
sub-interpreters are not known apriori. Neither is the number of such
interpreters restricted. I want to be able to expose an interface, with
which these sub-interpreters will register themselves, and my interpreter
should check to see if any such interpreters are registered, and if so call
them. I also want the stage at which these interpreters can register to be
called back to be flexible, i.e., I want to let people register themselves
as pre-condition or post-condition.

Is this possible? Is there any infrastucture in place to achieve this
functionality?

-kitty.