[gme-users] Too many .mta files?

Peter Volgyesi peter.volgyesi at vanderbilt.edu
Thu Jun 3 14:57:16 CDT 2004

I skimmed through the program source, but there was no hard coded limit
(eg.: a fixed size array) on the number of versions of the same paradigm.
I have also tried to reproduce the same behaviour, but with 25 different
versions GME still offered me to upgrade.
As you already noticed, we generate a 32 bit checksum for each version (this
checksum is computed from the contents of the XMP file). Even with a
suboptimal ditribution I can't imagine so many collisions among these digest
codes.

--
peter