[gme-users] Status of 4.5.18?

Larry Howard howardlp at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Fri Jun 4 13:13:12 CDT 2004

Warning: Rant!

What kind of release is 4.5.18 (alpha, beta, release candidate, final)?

What bugs are fixed since 4.3.17?

Does the GME team advocate distributing 4.5.18 over 4.3.17?

Is there a roadmap for planned GME releases?

Does the GME team plan to begin using a release process that allows external users to be involved in settling down new releases?

This "GME on such and such a date" thing is totally stupid: it tells nobody (other than perhaps the developers) anything useful.   It is just more evidence of the GME Now vs. GME Then "philosophy" that I've ranted about in the past.   I strongly advocate that the GME team adopt a legitimate release strategy.

lph