[gme-users] Using libraries inside models

Krishnakumar B kitty at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Fri Jun 11 09:03:17 CDT 2004

Hi,

In my paradigm, I had a need for some elements to be present in every model
made using the paradigm, and which should never be deleted. So I have a
made a model by attaching a library, which contains the predefined elements
inside a folder called PredefinedTypes. But when I attach this library, GME
gives a kind of RootFolder to the Library itself. So what I have is
something like:

Robot (Kind: RootFolder)

|___/path/to/library.mga (Kind: RootFolder)
|  |
|  |__PredefinedTypes (Kind: PredefinedTypes)

|___ (rest of the elements)

I was under the impression that there could only be one RootFolder in any
model. So my questions are:

1. Why does GME give a kind of RootFolder to the library?

2. Does UDM support this concept i.e having a RootFolder within a
   RootFolder?

3. Does GReAT support this? I suspect the answer to 2 will answer 3.

Any insights, advice, help is very welcome.

Thanks,
kitty.