[gme-users] .xme attribute generation

Jeff Parsons parsons at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Tue Jun 29 19:31:06 CDT 2004

Hi,

I'm looking at two in particular - 'relid' and 'childrelidcntr' -
and I'm trying to figure out how the Dump methods in GME
select values for these things when exporting a model
to XML. A simple rule applies for each:

relid - starts at 0x0 in each scope and increments
childrelidcntr - total number of contained FCOs + Folders

most of the time, but not always :(.

I'm writing a tool that does the reverse of an interpreter,
generating an *.xme file to be imported into GME, and I
want to make sure I generate these values correctly. Can
anyone shed some light on this?

thanks,

Jeff Parsons