[gme-users] Bon Extender compilation

Jacques Kerner jacques.kerner at oktal.fr
Wed Mar 3 13:49:28 CST 2004

Hi,

First, I would like to say that I have succeeded in compiling BON2 + BON
Extender generated files in Visual 7.1 using the stlport 4.6.1, so thank
you for those who helped me.

Second: I have a somewhat complicated metamodel (based on the CADML meta
model), but which works, and I try to compile the BON Extender generated
files based on BON2. I had to do some modifications to the generated
code. For information :

- I had to rearrange the order of one DECLARE_BONEXTENSION, because some
BON extensions were used before they were declared
- I had to rearrange the order of declaration of the corresponding
***Impl objets
- I had to remove one generated get--- function, that was generated
twice for an ***Impl class (maybe a problem with a ModelProxy, but I have)
- I had to add "BON::" in front of "FCO" in all get--- function
implementations that return an FCO
- I had to add FCOImpl:: in front of a "getAttribute". If not, the
compiler was mixing it with a generated function also named
"getAttribute" (because a Model aggregates Atoms named "Attribute").
Maybe it would be a good idea to systematically put the correct scope in
front of function calls to avoid this kind of confusion, and since the
names of generated functions cannot be predicted...

Jacques Kerner.