[gme-users] Skeleton Decorator

Mohammed Iqbal M.Iqbal-2 at student.umist.ac.uk
Sun Mar 28 19:11:11 CST 2004

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am having problems trying to build the skeleton dummy decorator, I have the
following errors:

--------------------Configuration: Decorator - Win32 Release--------------------
Creating Type Library...
Microsoft (R) MIDL Compiler Version 5.01.0164
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corp 1991-1997. All rights reserved.
Processing C:\Program Files\GME\SDK\stuff\DecoratorLib.idl
DecoratorLib.idl
Processing C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\oaidl.idl
oaidl.idl
Processing C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\objidl.idl
objidl.idl
Processing C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\unknwn.idl
unknwn.idl
Processing C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\wtypes.idl
wtypes.idl
Processing C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\ocidl.idl
ocidl.idl
Processing C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\oleidl.idl
oleidl.idl
Processing C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\servprov.idl
servprov.idl
Processing C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\urlmon.idl
urlmon.idl
Processing C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\msxml.idl
msxml.idl
C:\Program Files\GME\SDK\stuff\DecoratorLib.idl(20) : error MIDL2088 : [uuid]
format is incorrect
C:\Program Files\GME\SDK\stuff\DecoratorLib.idl(30) : error MIDL2088 : [uuid]
format is incorrect
C:\Program Files\GME\SDK\stuff\DecoratorLib.idl(40) : warning MIDL2214 :
semantic check incomplete due to previous errors
Error executing midl.exe.

Decorator.dll - 2 error(s), 1 warning(s)

in this file:

import "oaidl.idl";
import "ocidl.idl";

#include "DecoratorConfig.h"

#define MAKE_STR(PAR) #PAR
#define PATH3(X,Y) MAKE_STR(X##Y)
#define PATH2(X,Y) PATH3(X,Y)
#define PATH(NAME) PATH2(GME_INTERFACES_BASE,NAME)

#include PATH(/InterfaceColl.h)
#include PATH(/meta.idl)
#include PATH(/mga.idl)
#include PATH(/gme.idl)
#include PATH(/MgaDecorator.idl)

[
	uuid(TYPELIB_UUID),
	version(1.0),
	helpstring("TYPELIB_NAME")
]
library DecoratorLib
{
	importlib("stdole32.tlb");
	importlib("stdole2.tlb");

	[
		uuid(COCLASS_UUID),
		helpstring(COCLASS_NAME)
	]
	coclass Decorator
	{
		[default] interface IMgaDecorator;
		interface IMgaVersionInfo;
	};

};

I understand the problem is to do with the format of the UUID, but I havnt made
any changes to the files that come with the DecorKit zip file (except the
DecoratorConfig.h file).
So my question is where am I going wrong?
I would appreciate any help you could give me on this matter.

Yours Sincerely

Mohammed Iqbal