[gme-users] Constraining connections to 0..1

Gabriele Trombetti gabtromb at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Wed May 5 14:22:40 CDT 2004

Hi all,
there is a thing I don't understand in GME. We have a metamodel where
there are components and ports. There are some ports that can connect
only to at most one other port. So we have put the cardinality of such
connections to 0..1 both before and after the connector dot in the
metamodel.

But in the instance models, we still can create connections from one of
such source port to *two* other ports, so that *two* separate
connections get created from the same source, ending in the two separate
destinations. So what is the purpose of the cardinality spec in the
metamodel??

Thanks in advance
Gabriele