[gme-users] [Fwd: GME restarts: Advice?]

Akos Ledeczi akos.ledeczi at vanderbilt.edu
Mon Nov 8 17:57:35 CST 2004

Has anybody seen this? Akos

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: GME restarts: Advice?
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 15:39:26 -0800
From: Amol Bakshi <amol at usc.edu>
To: Akos Ledeczi <akos.ledeczi at vanderbilt.edu>

Akos,

I am using GME to create a modeling environment for my work in sensor
networks.  I had contacted you in the summer with some questions in this
regard.

I am frequently encountering "Emergency events" which require a GME
restart.  Naturally, this happens after I run a model interpreter which
doesn't give any errors while running.  Do you know what might be a
cause of this?  I am not doing anything fancy; just traversing the
models and manipulation in-memory objects.  The interpreter does not
even write to the file system.  I can restart GME everytime it asks me
to, but if this is a "known problem", I will appreciate advice about
what might be causing the problems.  I use GME 4.5.18.

-Amol.