[gme-users] GME Meta-Model XML file

Faizan Javed javedf at cis.uab.edu
Wed Sep 15 13:23:51 CDT 2004

Hi,

I am working on a project that is concerned with the recovery of GME
Meta-Models via an inference process using GME Model-Instance XML files
as input (i.e., if you have a lot of instance models, but lost the
original metamodel, this process will recreate enough of the metamodel
to be able to load the instance models). Our approach is using
algorithms from grammar inference research.

However, in order to generate the Meta-Model XML file, I would
like to get some information on how the Meta-Model XML file is
structured, and what XML tags and nodes are absolutely required in order
to successfully load a meta-model. What are the bare minimum things that
need to be in the metamodel? For our purpose, we are not concerned with
visualization and layout of the models/atoms/connections as the appear
in the metamodel.

Thanks for any help!

Faizan Javed