[gme-users] a problem when installing component

lyh liny at cis.uab.edu
Tue Sep 21 15:59:00 CDT 2004

Hi

I created a new component of GME4.8.25 for all paradigams using CreateNewComponent.exe. When I built it with Visual C++ 6.0, I got this warning but no errors:

"Linking...
   Creating library Release/ComparatorBON2Component.lib and object Release/ComparatorBON2Component.exp
ComparatorBON2Component.exp : warning LNK4070: /OUT:Comparator.DLL directive in .EXP differs from output filename "Release/ComparatorBON2Component.dll"; ignoring directive
Performing registration"

I ignored this warning and installed the component using "File-Register Components--Install new" in GME4.8.25, I got this error:
"Error while installing component (0x80004005): Object was not found"

Do they relate to each other? Anyone can help?

Thanks,

Jane
Yuehua(Jane) Lin
Department of Computer and Information Sciences
University of Alabama at Birmingham
liny at cis.uab.edu
http://www.cis.uab.edu/info/grads/liny/