[gme-users] GME Interpreters and CVS: How to generalize *.dsp files across computers

Jonathan Sprinkle sprinkle at EECS.Berkeley.Edu
Tue Sep 28 10:24:40 CDT 2004

Hey All,

This msg is probably best answered by Peter or someone skilled in the
hackful ways of GME interpreter development.

I am using at least two, sometimes three, computers interchangeably. For
performance reasons, at least one of my computers has GME installed to the
"D" drive, rather than the "C" drive.

This means that when running ConfigureComponent, my GME SDK files are found
in the GME_ROOT=C:\[InstallDir]\SDK for one computer, and
D:\[InstallDir]\SDK for the other. While INCLUDE paths can use environment
variables to get around this, there is the problem of the files that are
included in the project tree.

This presents a problem when getting/updating code across my CVS tree, since
if I download to one directory it has no idea how to compile the *.idl
files, since my "D" drive is the DVD/CDROM. My current solution to this is
to Search&Replace the "D:/" with "C:/" in the *.dsp files.

Is there a way to alternatively structure the file generation process, so
that the files are not included as pieces of the Project, or does VC7 (I am
using VC6) allow containment of files based on $ENV variables?

Thanks for any advice, or other experience.

Jonathan

 Jonathan Sprinkle, Ph.D.
 sprinkle at eecs.berkeley.edu

 Visiting PostDoc