[gme-users] unknown exception in interpreter

Jeff Parsons parsons at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Thu Apr 14 13:04:12 CDT 2005

Hi,

I'm using GME 4.11.10 with VC 7.1. My interpreter uses BON 2. To one of
the BONExtension classes I've added an std::vector member. The
interpreter works fine if I build and register the Debug version, but
when running the Release version, I get a "unknown unhandled
exception.." error. I've traced it to the first time I call push_back()
on this vector. The type being pushed back is the same type as the class
which contains the vector, and has been checked for null before
push_back() is called. I've traced it as far as the push_back()
operation body itself, and the line

if (size() < capacity())

is where the exception occurs. I've never had to worry about
initializing an std class before, so this is puzzling. Has anyone else
ever encountered this
or a similar problem?

thanks,

Jeff Parsons