[gme-users] Metamodel composition ?

Vamshi Raghu vamshi.raghu at mail.mcgill.ca
Fri Apr 22 23:05:59 CDT 2005

Hi!
I have a question about metamodel composition that is not clear in the
documentation:
1)
Let us say I have created a paradigm similar to signalflow (say "P1"),
in which I can drag and drop delay and gain components and connect them
to describe signal processing operations.
2)
I generate a customized GME GUI for modeling using this paradigm (say
"GME-GUI-P1").
3)
Now, I want to define a new *paradigm* for describing guitar effects
like phasor, flanger, delay and sustain, using P1. Say P2. I don't want
to define this in MetaGME and the associated visual environment of
GME-GUI-MetaGME, but want to do it using P1 in the GME-GUI-P1
environment, and use this to generate GME-GUI-P2 which will inherit all
features from GME-GUI-P1 + extra features as defined as part of the
definition of P2.

Is this possible? Am I missing something in the UI/documentation that
permits me to do this? Using libraries didn't seem like the same thing
(The visual environment is still GME-GUI-MetaGME).
Thanks!
-Vamshi