[gme-users] Doubts with MetaGME

Krishnakumar B kitty at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Thu Dec 15 19:17:09 CST 2005

Hi Folks,

Is there any reason that connections are (and should be) atoms in MetaGME?
Quite often, I find that the elements that I use to describe a connection
needs to be associated with properties, and in some cases needs to contain
(i.e., composition) other elements.  And in almost every use of
connections, I have to work around it by adding another element (either an
atom or a model), and making connections to and from that element.  This
increases the number of elements as well as the number of connections.

I would like to know if there is an elegant alternative to designing
connections without the extra baggage.  I am also interested in any
solutions that people have used in the past, i.e., something like "Design
Patterns" for metamodeling.

-kitty.

--
Krishnakumar B <kitty at dre dot vanderbilt dot edu>
Institute for Software Integrated Systems, Dept. of EECS, Vanderbilt University