[gme-users] GME in multiuser environment

asterio at unincor.br asterio at unincor.br
Wed Jul 13 16:36:48 CDT 2005

Dear all,

Does anyone has experience with sharing a GME model stored in a MS-SQL
database or a Visual SourceSafe repository ?
I am developing an application where a team of developers should share a
centralized GME model. We tried first to create the model in a SQL Database
following the instructions in Appendix A of GME Users Guide (New project
... Select Paradigm ... Open ODBC Data ...) but this operation failed.
The error message displayed by GME was: "Could not create project
(0x80041001)". Inspecting the SQL trace we noted that GME connected
succesfully with the created DB, issued a large set of SQL statements that
ended with a rollback.
Next we tried to create the project in a Visual SourceSafe repository (New
Project ... Select Paradigm ... Create new multiuser project .... Import
XML ... Save project .. Close project). Although GME did not reported any
error during this process, when we tried to open the project, using the
recent projects list in the File menu, we received the error messages
"Cannot query project information. Possible cause: missing/corrupt project
file or database" and "Could not open project (0x80731008): File could not
be opened". We observed that GME created a local directory with many XML
files but the Visual SourceSafe project remained empty.

We are using GME version 4.11.10, SQL Server 7.0 and 2000 (same results)
and Visual SourceSafe 5.0.

Thanks,

Paulo Asterio