[gme-users] RE: recover GME model files

Zoltan Molnar zolmol at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Fri Mar 11 10:48:26 CST 2005

Hi,

If you have lost you metamodel.xml file but you have the metamodel.mga
file, then all you have to do is to try to open that mga file and export
it again.
You should be able to open that .mga file if you did not reinterpret
your metagme paradigm ( <==> the metagme.mta file did not change
recently)

If you have only the xmp file, since that is an artifact, it is not
possible to reproduce the metamodel based on that.
My suggestion would be that by using the metamodel.mta (xmp's binary
version) or .xmp you can access your existing models, and you can create
new projects also.
By opening a model and clicking on the "Meta" tab in the right hand side
browser you can access information about your metamodel structure.

Thus you can recreate your metamodel step by step (and compare to the
old xmp)

Regards, Zoli