[gme-users] PICML problem

Akos Ledeczi akos.ledeczi at vanderbilt.edu
Thu May 5 15:28:28 CDT 2005

Kimberly,

my guess is that there were some changes in the metamodel that made the
existing models "invalid." Furthermore, the binary file format is not
robust. However, the xml is. So you should always keep a backup of your
models in xml format. Importing them in the new paradigm works most of
the time.

Even better, there is a shortcut. When you try to open a model and gme
comes up with "Project could not access its original version of
paradigm" message, you can answer NO, and GME will open it with the old
paradigm.  Do not open any windows and select the File menu Update
through XML command. This works most of the time unless there are too
many and/or significant paradigm changes.

u - user; s - system  GME will put the info in the appropriate region in
the registry.

Hope this helps,
Akos