[gme-users] Interpreters

Zoltan Molnar zolmol at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Tue Sep 27 14:10:45 CDT 2005

Hi,

Depends.
If you deploy a C++ unmanaged (plain old C++) interpreter to a machine
where GME is installed it should work fine.
However an interpreter which uses the .Net framework (C# does it by its
nature, C++ does it only if you write managed code) won't run on a
machine without the .NET framework installed.

If you used the CreateNewComponent.exe to create a component, (that
creates an unmanaged C++ component), that must run on other machines.
You can check with an utility called depends.exe (part of MS Visual
Studio) whether some dlls are missing in the target environment: open
your dll with this tool and you will see yellow icons on the left for
the missing dlls.

br, Zoli