[gme-users] GME under CrossOver

Steven Nordstrom steve-o at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Thu Apr 6 14:11:28 CDT 2006

Yes, a long time ago in a galaxy far far away I got it working once,
mostly :) This was GME2000, mind you. The trickiest part is getting
everything installed (wine has had problems with install shield for
ages). Also, GME is only part of the "model based development" equation,
you still need other tools like Visual Studio, UDM, GReAT, etc. and
such. So, using wine to run GME is not so ideal, especially now that
VMware player and VMware server for Linux are free and you can and
run/manage a windows install from inside Linux no problem.

--Steve