[gme-users] Can't change attribute I handle when GLOBALEVENT_OPEN_PROJECT event

James Hill hillj at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Mon Feb 6 10:14:29 CST 2006

Hey all,

I am writing an Add-On as a RawComponent and I am having trouble
validating and changing the value of an attribute within a FCO (or its
subclasses) when I handle the GLOBALEVENT_PROJECT_OPEN event. I can add
the object of interest to an appropriate territory so that I can listen
to events it triggers when I handle GLOBALEVENT_PROJECT_OPEN. I can also
access the attribute but when I try and modify it, I get an HRESULT with
a value of 0x80731001. I checked the documentation and it says that a
result within the range of 0x8073000  - 0x8073FFFF is thrown from other
GME models. Therefore, I have two questions:

1. Why can't I change the value of an attribute for an FCO (or its
subclasses) when I handle the GLOBALEVENT_PROJECT_OPEN event?
2. Is there any documentation regarding return values of other GME
modules (not the MGALib module)?

Thanks,

James

James H. Hill - Ph.D. Student
Research Assistant - ISIS / DOC Group

Microsoft Student Ambassador
Department of EECS / Computer Science Program
Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN

Email: j.hill at vanderbilt.edu