[gme-users] Changing the color of diagram objects?

Attila Vizhanyo viza at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Fri Feb 10 12:02:14 CST 2006

This thread actually rises a more interesting general question, ie how
to specify the visualization aspect of visual modeling languages?
I think GME falls short in providing a model-based solution to this
problem; it relies on object attributes for some limited visualization
features (bitmaps and colour/ style of lines), and COM decorator
components, which is bulky for model engineers.

I think if GME could provide a modeling langague for specifying language
visualization (~concrete syntax), then along with MetaGME for syntax and
GReAT for semantics, it could provide a complete model-based solution
for model-based language design. Such a visualization language must be
general, maybe generic, (in the sense that GReAT can be parameterized
with metamodels), expressive, easy-to-use, etc...

Thanks,
Attila