[gme-users] hierarchie cross-references

Zoltan Molnar zolmol at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Mon Jan 9 10:46:14 CST 2006

One model may own several aspects. But an aspect can't show elements
from several models.
I see two-three ways:

A) One-model, several aspects approach:
You might have one model containing Atom1s, and Atom2s. An aspect for
Atom1s, another for Atom2s, then have a common aspect in which you would
show Atom1s and Atom2s together, and connections could be made.
This process is the simplest.

B) Two models, with some mapping, using GME components:
Model1 contains just Atom1s, Model2 contains only Atom2s. To create
references automatically (i.e. in Model3) you would need a GME
component. Either an add-on to run in the background (whenever an Atom1
is inserted into Model1 it would create and insert a reference of Atom1
into Model3) , or an interpreter (launched by the user at a specific
point in time) would create them.

C)
However you could have Model1 showing Atom1s as ports, same for Model2
with Atom2, and then in the container (parent) of Model1, Model2, you
just connect Atom1s to Atom2s.

Zoli