[gme-users] Error in importing .xme files

Krishnakumar B kitty at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Wed Jan 11 14:24:14 CST 2006

Hi Folks,

After another round of changes to my meta-model, I tried to import the
existing models into GME.  GME fails to import the old models because there
is likely some error on my part.  However, GME just throws up its hand
saying:

Error importing XML file (0x80731001): Improper use of object

I am unable to determine the change that actually broke the old models
after spending hours.  Will it be possible to enhance GME to print out more
informative diagnostic messages?  For example, it would be *awesome* if GME
just printed out either the name of the object that is used improperly, and
which usage was improper, i.e., a null reference, invalid connection.  Or
is there some magic where I can correlate 0x80731001 with the GME-Id of
some element in the .xme file?

While I am taking wild guesses, are constraint functions defined in a model
added into the global namespace, i.e., can I define a constraint function
in one paradigm sheet and use it in a constraint that is defined in another
paradigm sheet within the same model?

Also, is it valid to have a paradigm sheet where I don't have any aspects
defined?  I would guess so since I don't get any constraint violations in
the metamodel.

Any help is really appreciated.

-kitty.

--
Krishnakumar B <kitty at dre dot vanderbilt dot edu>
Institute for Software Integrated Systems, Dept. of EECS, Vanderbilt University