[gme-users] Error in importing .xme files

Matthew J. Emerson mjemerson at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Tue Jan 17 10:38:44 CST 2006

That will be an excellent feature.

--Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: gme-users-bounces at list.isis.vanderbilt.edu
[mailto:gme-users-bounces at list.isis.vanderbilt.edu] On Behalf Of Zoltan
Molnar
Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2006 10:35 AM
To: gme-users
Subject: RE: [gme-users] Error in importing .xme files

Good news for xme file importers:
In the past only xml errors/exceptions (like: invalid xml format) thrown
in the middle of the XML validation step provided the user with location
info (line, column in the file)

Paradigm violation related errors/exceptions (when the .xme file is
valid in xml sense, but is NOT valid within the rules defined by the
paradigm) the location info was never printed.

For this latter case, starting from the next release you will see a
message in the console window about where the error occurred (line and
column).

Regarding kitty's question:
> Also, is it valid to have a paradigm sheet where I don't have
> any aspects defined?

It is not valid to have models with no aspects (metagme constraints will
complain), but the metainterpreter assigns to any model without aspects
a dummy aspect called "Aspect", along with issuing a warning about this.

Br, Zoli